Total Pageviews

Monday, October 7, 2013

Station 1 Coffee House

28 Main Street East
Grimsby, Ontario
Facebook
Coffeecology.com for more info.

I work with people from all over the area in my profession as a massage therapist.  I always appreciate where they come from and where they've been and inevitably my blog comes up in conversation at some point.  I get the BEST information about great places to go from people I work with and patients too.   I had heard through the "grape-vine" that a new coffee shop had opened up in Grimsby.   I live in Stoney Creek, so I had an excuse to have my husband drive me around in the gorgeous fall weather and check it out.  The owners of Station 1 have joined forces with the most clever people in the local coffee selling business to make a fantastic, friendly, and unique cafe in Grimsby.  I gather (from the name and look) it was an old fire station, the main front doors are two huge, rolling doors that open it up to a large cafe/patio combo with lots of seating.  I was in love immediately with the parking, seating and inviting quality.  I was excited to see that they carry Coffeecology beans roasted locally as well as free-trade, organic with a variety of delicious, homemade treats including vegan chocolate cupcakes and macaroons.  

1)coffee- $1.85 small $2.10 large $2.10 iced (nice to have choice) 9/10
2)roasted- Coffeecology is locally roasted 9/10
3)service- quick and friendly 7.5/10 (no interaction with customers)
4)assessibility- 9.5/10 large, free parking lot, main access road
5)flavour- medium roast was delicious, hot and full flavour 9/10
6)Eco-friendly- recycling, composting, bio-degradeable cups 9/10 
7)cup size- good size mug for coffee, Americano as well 8.5/10
8)food- cupcake and Helly Dolly was big, sweet and rich, vegan and vegetarian choices 9.5/10
9)ambience- bright, clean,sunny, fun music, spacious seating 9/10
10)wifi- free, access is posted (friendly gesture is appreciated by bloggers like me) 10/10

*overall 9/10. 
** as an after thought I wanted the business card for my blog info. When I asked for one, I got a weird vibe that I didn't understand other than they were busy and didn't want to get it for me.  The server went in search of what I thought was their information and came back with a free coffee card...I was confused but appreciative.  I still feel funky that they thought I was searching for free stuff, ah well.  I think Station 1 is super and certainly worth a trip down Hwy# 8 or mountain country to enjoy it!








3 comments: